Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lots of Knitting...

Not so much blogging.
Here is what I have been doing....

First up.. I entertained my parents, all of DC for 5 days. We had a blast. We went to the National Cathedral, Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria, Knit Happens, Leesburg Outlets, the National Zoo, dinner with my DC friends, dinner with my DBF (first time meeting each other and it went GREAT), and just enjoyed hanging out with each other!
We saw the beautiful flamingos at the Zoo and I had to take a picture for my BFF, Jenn, from home! She LOVES them!

After the 5 days with my parents. I had a knitting day with my great friend Wendy! We went to Knit Happens and to Springwater Fiber Works to knit, then to a coffee shop and a custard shop. We knitting everywhere we went. And took NO pictures :o( But I have some progress pictures instead!

Here is my Tidal Wave sock in Tofuties yarn 790. It's my first sock, so I'm pretty darn proud of the progress so far!

Next is my Saartje's "Punk" Bootie. I call it that because I am hoping to find some skull buttons to put on them. They are for a friend of a friend who is having a baby girl. The Mama is punk and loves pink, black and skulls. I have tons of ideas for her and have made quite a few other things already for her (pictures to come). We are going to put together a basket full knitted and bought things for the Mama-to-be. I think she will be super happy!
Something for the Mama-to-be as well, a nice pink hat... I am about half way done. I am going to knit the whole thing up, then find a skull patch or just knit a skull on the hat. I think it will be pretty easy, but we will see!

I have also been on Ravelry pretty much the whole day today at work. I have decided I am taking pictures of all my WIP's, UFO's, FO's, and my stash and will be putting it up there, slowly! I don't have a lot, but I don't want to rush into in and get overwhelmed.


More soon... I promise!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

OOOHHHHH!!! The sock looks great!!! Can't wait to see how you do at turning the heal. It's all smooth sailing from there.

And the booties are adorable! I may have to look through my leftovers and knit up a pair.