Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
8 things? Hmmm...
1. I have to have my camera with me everywhere I go. Even if I don't take pictures, I have to have it in case I want to take pictures! It's so small that this is an easy task, but always with me!
2. I would rather help clean someone else's room than to clean mine. If someone is in the room with me while I clean, then I feel like I have to start cleaning, but if I'm there by myself, I can be super messy and don't care!
3. I can't stop thinking about sewing. Not that I need another hobby, but I would love to have access to her machines more often. I am so into it right now, that I have a few projects planned for when I go home for Thanksgiving!
4. I think about moving back to the Midwest on a daily basis. I struggle with my myself on why it would and wouldn't be a good idea. In the end, I'm still here, so I guess I haven't had good enough reasons to move home!
5. I've lived with 1 girl, 2 girls, 4 girls, 2 guys, and now 2 more girls. I prefer to live with guys, if I have my own bathroom. They are nicer and not to eager to bitch, moan and yell at you! Although, I will say that I love my current roommates and could be in a better living situation if tried again.
6. I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar. I don't really think I ever will, but I have always wanted too.
7. I have a small obsession with hangbags, jewelry and sunglasses. I can walk into a store and walk out with 2 or 3 handbags, lots of jewelry, and 2 or 3 pairs of sunglasses and not think twice about it. I could even go into a store looking for clothes only, walk out with no clothes and all accessories! Some might call me an accessories whore.. I call myself.. AWESOME! ;o)
8. I have recently lost 40 pounds and it took my roommate to tell me how good I was looking to actually look in the mirror and realize that I wasn't looking that bad! I'm quite proud of myself for sticking to the Weight Watchers! It feels good and I can't wait to see what it will feel like when I lose more!
So, I'm not tagging anyone else, but don't now that many people yet... so just take it off here and do it if you want!
P.S. Two posts in one day... That's unheard of with me!
I hope that everyone is having a great Halloween! I've been eating pizza and candy all day, but that's okay. I have had a great week!
On the knitting front, not much knitting. Just some progress on some baby knits for a friend!
I did dress up today thought... I introduce to you... Me as a celebrity/socialite/snobby girl :o) It has been fun all day and really easy to wear all day. What do you think?!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
First up.. I entertained my parents, all of DC for 5 days. We had a blast. We went to the National Cathedral, Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria, Knit Happens, Leesburg Outlets, the National Zoo, dinner with my DC friends, dinner with my DBF (first time meeting each other and it went GREAT), and just enjoyed hanging out with each other!
Here is my Tidal Wave sock in Tofuties yarn 790. It's my first sock, so I'm pretty darn proud of the progress so far!
I have also been on Ravelry pretty much the whole day today at work. I have decided I am taking pictures of all my WIP's, UFO's, FO's, and my stash and will be putting it up there, slowly! I don't have a lot, but I don't want to rush into in and get overwhelmed.
More soon... I promise!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Saturday, I had to go into work for about an hour, so my parents walked around the neighborhood and saw where I work. Then after that, we went to the National Catherdral, took some pictures (which I will post later) and just looked around. It was neat to go to the 7th floor and basically see all of DC and of the surroundings! Then we drove into Georgetown and walked around a bit. It was hot, but still really nice to be outside enjoying the weather! We also went to Target and now I have proper curtains hanging on actually curtain rods! It's great! I also went to Old Navy, where I picked up a new pair of trouser jeans for $25.00!!! They are great, a little long, but they will shrink up in the dryer.
Sunday we went to Eastern Market and looked around, we found some really cool furniture, but didn't end up buying it. Then we got some nice looking apples and peaches. Yum! They were so good! We then went to brunch with my friend Ora, from WW, at this delicious diner! It was pretty much amazing :o) Then we went to Old Town Alexandria where I really hit the jackpot there! I got a new pair of khakis and a pair of black pants for work, that actually fit! We also happened upon Knit Happens, a really cool yarn store. We walked in and immediatle got great customer service from one of the ladies. It was fantastic! I ended up walking out with a socking knitting book and some new GREEN sock yarn. I had a great time, as did my parents! I even got to wind my own yarn with the swift and ball winder. Then we just went back to my house and relaxed for the rest of the night.
Monday, we went to my old work and new work, so my parents could meet everyone that I have/do work with. We had a great time doing that, then it was time for the National Zoo. Well, we drove there and there was NO parking at all, so we decided to go out to the Leesburg Outlets for the afternoon. Once we got there, we had a great time! I hit the second jackpot and got a new sweater from Banana Republic, a new Vera Bradley bag called the Hipster, and a new rug from Crate and Barrell that was only $24.00 and it will match my room decor perfectly! After that, we met my DBF for dinner. This was the first meeting of the parents and the DBF and they got along just great! I think we all had a good time at dinner, not to mention the food was delicious.
Tuesday, we finally went to the National Zoo, then the Museum of the American Indian. The zoo was great and seeing all the animals was really cool. The museum was different, but I really liked it as well. After that, we went to MatchBox for dinner with some of my friends from DC. It was such a great relaxing evening and the food was amazing! I reccomend it to anyone who wants amazing food at a reasonable price!
They left yesterday, and I was sad all day! I also had to get more dental work done, and that was really, no fun at all! So for now, I'm in pain with my mouth, and I'm just trying to get through the week!
I do, however, LOVE the change in the weather! It has been AMAZING today!!!
More later.. Look for a photo heavy post tomorrow or Saturday.. then the weekend with Wendy :o) We are going to spend an entire day knitting and hanging out..and I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
The rules are: Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the questions. They must be real places, names, things ... nothing made up! If you can't think of anything, skip it. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question. If your name happens to start with the same letter as mine, sorry, but you can't use my answers! So join in the fun...
My name: Sarah
1. Famous Singer: Snoop Dogg
2. Four letter word: Star
3. Street: Spring Street
4. Color: Screamin' Green
5. Gifts/Presents: Scarf
6. Vehicle: Sports car
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Shirts
8. Boy's Name: Sebastian
9. Girl's Name: Sadie
10. Movie Title: Step Up
11. Drink: Sangria
12. Occupation: Senator
13. Celebrity: Scarlett Johansson
14. Magazine: Southern Living
15. U.S. City: Seattle, Washington
16. Pro Sports: St. Louis Cardinals
17. Fruit: Strawberries
18. Reason for Being Late for Work: Stuck in Traffic
19. Something You Throw Away: Stuff
20. Things You Shout: See ya later!
21. Cartoon Character: Scooby-Doo
TAG! If you're reading this and want to Participate, then you're tagged!
In other news, I've done 2 out of 24 squares of my afghan. I've also been comissioned to knit an afghan for a baby in some non-traditional colors- black and pink. And with that order of yarn, I got some sock needles! Yay!
Back to work.. Talk to you soon!