Saturday, September 29, 2007

New afghan, mitered square, new yarn...

I'm so excited about my new yarn! I went to Michael's with my roommate on Friday because we were both off work. I was thinking of starting an afghan with some nice soft yarn and that would be easy to make. Well, little did I know that that Red Heart Soft Yarn would be on sale 2 for $5, so I loaded up my basket and made my way to the register. I got a few other things, another skein of grape yarn for my IHS and another treat (I'll show that later)...

I got two of each color for a really nice and super easy afghan.


I'm just using a pattern for a dishcloth that I found online and making it bigger. Instead of 45 stitches, I made it 74. I think I also saw this same type of afghan on another blog out there somewhere! It's going to be nice and subtle but it will go incredibly well with my new duvet from Pottery Barn. I can't wait to see it all together and on my bed!
Now a progress picture of my first square. It's almost done now with working on it at work, on the metro, and on the back porch at home...
Next is my first Mitered Sqaure from Mason Dixon Knitting. I just wanted to try it and see how it worked and what it would look like. I would eventually like to make a whole blanket, but I will start with my one square...


Next up is some awesome cotton yarn that I got from Wal-mart for some more dishcloths. I finally found Peaches and Cream Yarn there and I bought only 2 skeins.. They are so pretty!

So now, my surprise for my parents when they get here...

Now a bit a of a back story on this, my dad hurt his eye in February and was always saying how he was going to go to Arrrrrrby's for lunch. So we started calling him a pirate. Well, for Father's Day, I found a pirate book that I got for my dad, then my mom got him another one. So I decided that I would get three of these for me, my mom , and my dad when they get here on Friday! :o)

Okay, back to work, AKA knitting my afghan because it's super boring. And tonight, going back to Michael's and then Cracker Barrel for a nice "home cooked" meal. Just need some comfort food right now!

Oh, and I currently have a flat tire on my car. I know I'm so lucky. But also I got a flat like in March and never fixed it, so I have to get that fix-a-flat stuff and take it to the shop tomorrow, after my root canal... Haha, what a week already!!!

No comments: