Saturday, May 17, 2008

Monkey's, Baby's, New yarn...

Here are the baby monkey's I made to match the regular size monkey's. I made these for my niece Ava and her mom Kristine. I hate that I live so far away from my family (12 hours by car). I like to spoil my niece as much as possible! So I decided to make her a pair of socks. The best part is that her new little sister will be able to wear them when she is born!!!

The moma and baby monkey's together! I recommend this pattern for the Monkey socks because it SO easy! Once you get the hang of it, it goes so quickly! And the baby monkeys are also easy..
I have a good friend that I met at my last job and she is having a baby! She is only going to be able to have 1 baby and it happens to be a boy. She is really excited about having a baby and I decided I needed to do something special for the baby, so I'm making the log cabin blanket from Mason Dixon knitting. It's a great, easy pattern. I am making 6 squares with 3 colors each and alternating the colors. I will then sew them together and make a 6X3 blanket. It will be the perfect size for a new baby boy..


Here is a picture with a perspective to see how big it is.


The is square #3. It's been finished now, and #4 has been started!



I was in need of a new knitting bag and happened to be on Loopy Ewe, when I spotted the perfect bag. It's a Namaste laguna bag. I LOVE IT!! I have been wearing it everyday since I got it. It has space on each side for knitting and then regular purse stuff, then a zipper pocket in the middle for my wallet and other important stuff.

And my new Colinette Jitterbug just happens to be on top! These two colors are fantastic and I can't stop buying more Jitterbug! It's a fantastic yarn for socks :)

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Oooh! Where to start?! How heavy is the bag? It looks wonderful...

Love the mother-daughter socks. Clever, clever... The blanket is off to a great start too. Love the colors!